Natural Treatment For Depression
The main focus of Lifestyle Healing Institute® will always be the brain and its directly related components. As with many disorders, depression primarily involves the brain. After running numerous tests which reveal over 100 biomarkers the brain and body inherently possess, we’ve able to discern easily recognizable biopatterns in the brain and body.
Subjective symptoms of conditions such as anxiety, insomnia, and depression are directly correlated with objective biomarkers that reveal the interworkings of these crippling disorders; our All-Natural treatment method for depression is no different and as aforementioned on other pages, we heal depression symptoms quickly, safely and without prescription medications.
As with every other disorder, there’s never just one symptom or causality related to any given ailment, therefore by focusing on our diagnostic method, we reveal that every disorder traces back to disruptions in the four categories of medicine.
Everyone’s heard of the role that dopamine and serotonin play in depression; however, by only focusing on one or two brain chemicals, this leaves traditional treatments unresolved.
Our holistic natural healing therapy, focuses on multiple mechanisms that attack depression from numerous angles. In terms of net brain activity, depression tends to be a disorder involving an underactive brain. Through our correlation of over 100 biomarkers, we show following subjective and objective tendencies of depression.
QUANTITATIVE AND OBJECTIVE SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
- Localized Dopamine Deficiency in D2 receptors in Brain
- Underactive Nucleus Accumbens (pleasure center of the brain)
- Underactive Pre-Frontal Cortex (PFC – processing, executive center of brain)
- Adrenal Exhaustion
- Overactive Deep Limbic System (emotional center of brain)
- Suppressed Magnesium
- Suppressed Hormones – Usually Testosterone and Estradiol
SUBJECTIVE SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
- Cannot get out of Bed – can stay in bed until late afternoon
- Feel Like you are in a Hole
- Lack Excitement
- GI Symptoms
- Get Bored Easily
- No Longer Feeling Joy
- Struggle to Smile
- Brain/Body on Two Pages
- Inability to shut off the brain – mind races
- Worry about Grades/Performance – Before, During, and After (or combination)
- Inability to See Options
- Stubbornness – Inability to Move on
- Tend to Predict the Negative – Issues on the future
- Avoidance of Social Situations
- Can be Accompanied by Other Underactive Disorders – Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – Many similar symptoms are seen among overactive disorders
As with many disorders, we must get the brain and body functioning on the same page.
Many psychiatrists only focus on one or two brain chemicals at best, and fail to understand the entire Brain Chemistry picture, let alone the hormonal, nutritional, and environmental (toxin) factors that most disorders possess; we won’t even mention the complex cellular mechanisms at play.
Psychiatrists are quick to hand out medications, many of which can only slightly alleviate symptoms and never address the true cause. The stubbornness of physicians to learn and continue to evolve also plays a role in the stagnation of therapies in our country, and depression is no exception. Medical philosophies haven’t changed since the creation of medicine itself – always stemming from symptoms based diagnoses. However, the vast amount of scientific testing available today finally allows us to change this trend.